Hey, I'm supr4. I'm the creator and the owner of SimHobby.com.
Ever since I was a kid, I loved two things: cars and computers. I wanted to become a racing driver, a trucker, and a programmer, more or less in that order.
Unfortunately (or fortunately), my parents didn't want me to start a karting career. I didn't even know about sim racing back then, so yeah... As you can guess, I didn't become a racing driver.
When it comes to trucking... Well, let's just say it took me over a year to pass a driving test for a regular car.
So, I became a programmer...
Even though I code for a living and enjoy it, my passion for racing and transportation never disappeared. Fortunately, thanks to simulation games, I can still pursue these interests.
Why did I start this website?
I have one goal: I want to promote simulation genre among gamers.
- Simulation games actually teach something. In my case, they helped me improve in managing, teamwork, and operating vehicles. You may or may not believe me, but when I've had my first opportunity to drive a real truck, I was able to park it in reverse with a trailer without much trouble. I've learned this one naturally by playing Euro Truck Simulator 2.
- Most simulation games I'm familiar with don't use addictive tactics. They don't reward you for logging in, they don't pressure you with daily quests, and they don't create a false sense of accomplishment based on how much you play. If you value the game-life balance, this is probably the best genre (at least as long as you don't get into endurance stuff in simracing).
- Simulation games are relaxing, and many of them are perfect for socializing and learning. You can chat with friends or listen to podcasts while playing.
What are my favorite games?
Although I enjoy simulation games the most, I like various genres.
Here are a few of my favorite games of all time:
- Simracing Games (Assetto Corsa, Assetto Corsa Competizione, iRacing)
- F1 Games - I wouldn't call them simracing yet, but I really enjoy playing them with a controller.
- Euro Truck Simulator 2
- Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
- MMORPG Games (Margonem, New World)
- Mindless Games which I love while I'm listening to podcasts: Euro truck Simulator 2, ARPGs (Last Epoch recently), Trackmania, Simracing games (singleplayer only, so I don't ruin races by not focusing).